TM: Prompt #206
Nov. 24th, 2007 12:40 pm(This is from
milliways_bar canon where Námo has a mate (Gorlim the Unhappy) and children, and they have a patchwork sort of family with various characters from other canons.)
I live for my family, patched together out of dumb luck.
Once I would have said I lived for nothing, for no one but Eru, but that changed. Changed never happened to me until Milliways, and I must believe I was led there for this particular reason.
There is joy and brightness in my life now that I'd never known could exist before. I see my mate smile and warmth blossoms in my chest. Our children laugh and run in the snow, shouting at each other in four different languages, and I know absolute happiness. Kelly and Gabriel, now four, pause in a snowdrift to chatter in that bird-like language they taught themselves as infants, like twins, whispering their secrets to each other before Haldir toddles over and pushes snow down on them.
Beside me, Mary Anne packs a snowball before pelting Random with it. Rabastan plays hide-and-seek with Moon and the wolf pups. Nerdanel and Amber speak quietly as they sit on a bench, the Elf's cheeks pink from the cold, her hand held in Amber's.
And finally, standing tall at my side, is Gorlim, sipping his hot cider, wrapped in a thick cloak, and watching his family.
It was for him I once lived for.
Now, I live for this.
This moment. This enjoyment. This hodgepodge family. This peace that neither of us had apart but found together.
Muse: Námo
Fandom: The Silmarillion
Word Count: 230
I live for my family, patched together out of dumb luck.
Once I would have said I lived for nothing, for no one but Eru, but that changed. Changed never happened to me until Milliways, and I must believe I was led there for this particular reason.
There is joy and brightness in my life now that I'd never known could exist before. I see my mate smile and warmth blossoms in my chest. Our children laugh and run in the snow, shouting at each other in four different languages, and I know absolute happiness. Kelly and Gabriel, now four, pause in a snowdrift to chatter in that bird-like language they taught themselves as infants, like twins, whispering their secrets to each other before Haldir toddles over and pushes snow down on them.
Beside me, Mary Anne packs a snowball before pelting Random with it. Rabastan plays hide-and-seek with Moon and the wolf pups. Nerdanel and Amber speak quietly as they sit on a bench, the Elf's cheeks pink from the cold, her hand held in Amber's.
And finally, standing tall at my side, is Gorlim, sipping his hot cider, wrapped in a thick cloak, and watching his family.
It was for him I once lived for.
Now, I live for this.
This moment. This enjoyment. This hodgepodge family. This peace that neither of us had apart but found together.
Muse: Námo
Fandom: The Silmarillion
Word Count: 230
no subject
Date: 2008-01-19 12:18 pm (UTC)Dear Mun,
I've noticed that you have not updated your journal halls_of_mandos (i.e., responded to one of the TM topics) for the past four weeks. NOTE: Roleplay does not count as updating your journal, per the rules of the Theatrical Muse community.
If you have responded to one of the last four TM topics and I missed your post, please forward the link to me. If you have not responded to a challenge, but would still like to continue participating in TM, please do the following:
1. REPLY TO THIS NOTE
2. RESPOND TO ONE OF THE MOST RECENT 4 TOPICS (#211, 212, 213, 214) BY NO LATER THAN January 24th 2008.
3. FORWARD THE LINK OF YOUR POST TO ME.
Otherwise I will remove your muse from the TM community.
If you are having trouble meeting this commitment, but you still do want to remain in the TM community, please let me know and I will see what I can do. Real life always takes precedence over fannish activities. We just need to know that you are still interesting in remaining a member of the TM community, and get some idea of when you may be able to participate again. If you do need a hiatus, please let me know when you think that you will be able to participate again. We can put your muse on hiatus for that time period. If another member requests the character during that time period, we will email you to see if you still wish to participate in TM. At the end of the indicated hiatus period, we will also email you to see if you wish to participate in the TM community. At that time, if you do not respond and/or update your journal, we will remove your muse from the community.
You can find a list of the most recent challenges here:
http://www.theatricalmuse.net/topics.html
Moderator,
Misc Books